Located at the confluence of the Delaware and Cooper Rivers, Camden is home to an amazing array of wildlife and unique natural spaces. Join us and learn about the history and ecology of the city we love.
The Center for Aquatic Sciences offers a wide range of programs and events for Camden residents to discover the city’s beautiful natural spaces, learn about the amazing plants and animals that thrive here and join in local efforts to protect and preserve the environment.
Our fun and educational programs include fishing, kayaking, family-friendly hikes, trail explorations, live animals, crafts, and games that focus on the importance of clean water and green spaces. Look for upcoming events and programs on our Calendar.
How can we help?
I want to explore the Delaware and Cooper Rivers by kayak.
- We offer free kayaking programs for Camden residents from April through October, including annual “I Paddle Camden” events. Check our Calendar for upcoming events. We also offer fee-based kayaking adventures for corporate team-building and other groups on a limited basis. Contact us for more information.
I want to learn to fish.
- We offer learn to fish programs at various Camden parks. Check out our Calendar for upcoming fishing programs, or contact us to arrange a custom program for your group.
I want to explore Camden Parks and other green spaces.
- Check out our calendar for free programs in local parks around Camden, including: Cramer Hill Waterfront Park, Pyne Poynt Park, Gateway Park, Coopers Poynt Park, and Cramer Hill Nature Preserve.
I want to get involved in environmental stewardship work in Camden.
- We arrange regular service projects for cleanups in Camden parks and on Petty’s Island. We also have opportunties for individuals and groups to learn about water quality in the Delaware and Cooper Rivers and participate in citizen science work with state and federal agencies. Contact us for more information.
I want to explore Petty’s Island.
- The Center partners with the NJ Natural Lands Trust to offer a limited number of free, guided programs on Petty's Island. Check out our Calendar for upcoming Petty’s Island programs.