Join the Center for Aquatic Sciences at Adventure Aquarium for an awesome overnight adventure. Explore the Aquarium’s amazing shark collection, sea turtles, stingrays, and a multitude of different fish. You’ll spend the night sleeping up close near one of the aquarium exhibits. The next morning, you’ll get the chance to visit with the African penguins and hippos. It’s a shark-tastic experience you’ll never forget!
Your overnight adventure begins at 7pm and will include:
- A guided tour of Adventure Aquarium exhibits.
- Visit to the Touch Tanks
- Guided, behind-the-scenes visit to the top of the Ocean Realm tank
- Sleeping space near the exhibits
- Souvenir patch
- Light evening snack and continental breakfast
The next morning, the program officially ends at 9am, but you’ll be able to spend the day exploring the Aquarium on your own, including visits to the Shark Bridge, Hippo Haven, the African Penguin exhibit (weather dependent) and the gift shop.
Exhibit availability and activities are subject to change due to exhibit maintenance, animal health, safety, etc. The Center for Aquatic Sciences reserves the right to offer alternative experiences and no refunds will be granted
Overnights are suitable for children ages 6-12. Scout and school groups are welcome but we require at least one adult chaperone per every 5 children.
- Friday nights: $75 per person
- Saturday nights: $80 per person
Overnight dates fill up fast! Reservations are taken on a first come basis.
Click the RESERVE NOW button to complete a Pre-Registration form for an Overnight Program. A member of our team will contact you to confirm the details of your registration. Please list a second and third choice date on your registration form. For more information about our Overnight Program, see IMPORTANT LINKS above or contact us here.
Available Dates for Overnights:
Fall 2023/Winter 2024 Dates Coming Soon!
Reservation and Payment Policy
- If reservation is made more than two months prior to the date of your program, a 25% non-refundable (per person) is due within two weeks of making your reservation. Your non-refundable final payment is due 6 weeks prior to the date of your program.
- If registration is made less than two months prior to the date of your program, a non-refundable full payment is due within two weeks of making your reservation.
- If registration is made less than two weeks prior to the date of your program, a non-refundable full payment is due at time of making your reservation.
- Deposits are made on a per-person basis.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
No. Overnight Programs run only on pre-arranged nights see above for a full schedule.
No, all evenings are co-ed. If you require a sleeping area that is NOT co-ed, please contact us and indicate this on your Roster form.
The Overnight Program is designed for children ages 6-12. Due to insurance restrictions, no children under the age of 6 may attend. Children over the age of 12 are welcome to attend, but please note that activities may be geared for younger children. Children under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult chaperone. No Adult-Only groups will be permitted to attend.
We require 1 adult chaperone per every 5 children attending the program.
The Overnight Program is an exciting adventure that lacks some of the comforts of home. “Lights out” will be around 11 pm, but for your safety, the Aquarium is never completely dark. There are some ambient noises from the exhibits, especially with large groups, you can expect to hear some noises from other guests. We recommend that you bring sleep masks and earplugs, if you need complete darkness and quiet to sleep.
Many of the areas in front of exhibits are not carpeted. We suggest that you bring warm clothing, as the uncarpeted floor can feel cold.
Your sleeping area may not be located close to a restroom. For your comfort, we will recommend a visit to the restroom before lights out.
Please keep in mind that you are responsible for carrying your own gear from the parking lot to the Aquarium, from our storage area to your assigned sleeping area, and back to your car in the morning. We strongly suggest packing lightly! We suggest no more than one backpack and sleeping bag for each member of your group.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Sleeping gear (sleeping bag, foam pad, pillow)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Reusable water bottle. The Center does not provide bottled water, but there are refilling stations throughout the Aquarium.
- Warm, comfortable clothes. There may not be an opportunity to change clothes in private, so participants should wear clothes comfortable enough to sleep in. Make sure to dress in layers as the Aquarium’s temperature can vary greatly during the night.
- Money for souvenirs at the Aquarium gift shop (optional). The gift shop will be open in the morning after your Overnight Program.
- Flashlight (Adults Only. Please refer to rules of conduct regarding flashlight policy)
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Food & Drinks (Water bottles are ok. Please plan to eat dinner before you arrive) Alcoholic beverages
- Cots or folding chairs
- Air mattresses larger than twin sized
- Hair dryers/curling irons
- Electronic games, personal music players and other electronic devices other than cell phones
- Balloons or other toys
Visit www.adventureaquarium.com for directions.
If using a GPS or internet mapping program, please use the address 1 Riverside Drive, Camden, NJ 08103.
All air mattresses must be no larger than twin sized, regardless of how many people will be sharing them. Air mattresses and sleeping pads larger than twin sized make it impossible to leave a safe aisle for access overnight. Guests that bring air mattresses larger than twin sized will be asked to deflate them. Cots and folding chairs are not permitted. Guests that bring these items into the Aquarium will be asked to leave them in the lobby to be picked up in the morning.
Outside food and drinks (other than bottled water) are not permitted in the Aquarium, unless a member of your group has special dietary needs (please call or email prior to your program to alert us of this!). Please plan on eating dinner prior to your arrival.
Guests should wear warm, comfortable clothes and dress in layers. Please keep in mind that there are no shower facilities or changing rooms available. We suggest wearing clothes that would be comfortable to sleep in, such as sweats, pajama pants and slip-on shoes. Guests must wear shoes throughout the event, and may not walk around the Aquarium in bare feet, including and especially in the restrooms.
The arrival time for all Overnight Programs is between 7pm and 7:30pm. We strongly encourage everyone in your group to arrive during that time. After 7:30pm, our staff will be busy with providing programs and will not be available to guide guests to parking and unloading zones, unite guests with other members of their group or provide schedules and orientation information. We will not reschedule activities(i.e., Top of Tank Tours, Touch Tank) to accommodate late groups or individuals the night of the event. No Overnight guests will be admitted to the Aquarium before 7pm. If you do arrive after the Check-In time and find that the Aquarium doors have been locked for the night, please contact a member of your group via cell phone, so that they may alert Security to let you in. Obtain phone numbers from other members in your group in advance of your Overnight Program in case you need to contact them during the Overnight Program.
Snack – assorted snacks (gluten-free options available), juice, coffee, and tea. Breakfast – cereal (gluten-free options available) & milk, Danish or muffins, individual yogurts, juice, coffee, and tea.
A 25% non-refundable deposit is due two weeks after you reserve space, and the remaining balance is due based on the payment schedule found in your contract.